Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The 2010 Cadillac SRX redefines the term crossover



Lately all 7 of our locations have been selling our Cadillac inventory at an alarming rate. It seems within days of posting any Cadillac online we are turning around and selling the vehicle. Cadillac as a brand is as hot as ever right now and it is truly exciting to be around. I myself grew up around Cadillacs, in fact my grandfather never drove anything but Cadillacs. It was his thing and I respected and admired that at a very early age. That is why it is always my pleasure to see and drive the new Cadillacs when they show up in our inventory. Today's Cadillac will be the all new redesigned 2010 Cadillac SRX. The 2010 Cadillac SRX is considered to be a crossover and was originally released for the 2004 model year, and it resembled more of a station wagon for it's first generation than a SUV. The Cadillac SRX took home several awards and accolades and won Car and Driver's 5 Best Trucks "Luxury SUV" award for 2004, 2005, & 2006 and was nominated for North American Truck of the Year in 2004. The 2nd generation Cadillac SRX  that I will be driving today is is the evolution of Cadillac's crossovers and they are a beautiful sight to behold. The new SRX is much taller and has really taken the crossover form versus the station wagon look of the previous generation. Today's SRX is stunning from every angle. Dressed in a dark gray metallic exterior paint job, accented with chrome, and styled perfectly. Inside this SRX, luxurious black leather seating, and dark wood grain graces every inch of this very well  put together cabin. As one might expect from Cadillac these things have almost every ammenity known to man. This particular SRX has the Heated Seats, Air Cooled Seats, Moonroof, Bose Sound System, Rear View Camera, Power Everything, and way too much more to list. As I sit in the cockpit I arrange my seat, mirrors, steering wheel, and radio stations to my preferences. The engine for this SRX is the 3.0 litre V-6 which puts out about 265 Horsepower and is as quiet and peaceful as anything around. Once everything feels right and in place I take off on my little excursion headed towards Sellersburg, IN on I-65 North. This SRX feels awesome and I could see myself driving one on a regular basis. The steering feels fantastic, the power is just what you need, the braking is quick, and the suspension feels like your riding on clouds. All in all this SRX has everything going for it. When it finally came time to get on the expressway, I got the opportunity to open her up a little bit and the SRX's 3.0L engine has plenty of power. The engine is mated perfectly with a seamless and quiet 6 speed transmission that is as smooth as anything Cadillac builds. The SRX has plenty of get up and go, and when I finally hit a few corners, there was little to no body roll and I felt very safe at all times. I drove the car for quite a while, not because I needed to, but because I enjoyed driving the SRX. From a driver's stand point everything was within reach and I didn't see much that would distract a driver or cause them to take their eyes off the road. All in all the new SRX is a pleasure to drive and would be a wonderful day to day driver. I would highly recommend the 2010 SRX to any small family or anyone who needs an SUV, but does'nt want to pay an arm and a leg in fuel costs. Once again Cadillac has built a superstar and I expect that we will sell this SRX anyday. The 2nd generation design was much needed to get away from the station wagon look it carried before and Cadillac mastered the 2nd Generation design brilliantly. If you are in the market for a luxury crossover look no further than Cadillac, because they brought everything to the table on this one. Take an SRX for a test drive soon, because I promise, you will not be disappointed!

2010 Cadillac SRX Specs:


Engine & Performance
  • Base engine size: 3.0 L
  • Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
  • Cylinders: V6
  • Valves: 24
  • Valve timing: Variable
  • Direct injection
  • Torque: 223 ft-lbs. @ 5100 rpm
  • Horsepower: 265 hp @ 6950 rpm
  • Turning circle: 40.3 ft.
  • Base engine type: gas
DriveTrain
  • Drive type: front wheel drive
  • Transmission: 6-speed shiftable automatic
Suspension
  • MacPherson strut front suspension
  • Multi-link rear suspension
  • Four-wheel independent suspension
  • Front and rear stabilizer bar
Fuel
  • Fuel type: gas
  • Fuel type: regular unleaded
  • Fuel tank capacity: 21 gal.
  • Range in miles (cty/hwy): 378/525 mi.
  • EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 18/25 mpg

2010 Cadillac SRX Warranty:

Warranty

  • Basic: 4 yr./ 50000 mi.
  • Drivetrain: 5 yr./ 100000 mi.
  • Roadside: 5 yr./ 100000 mi.
  • Rust: 6 yr./ 100000 mi.



No comments:

Post a Comment