Friday, January 13, 2012

A must have for any family - The 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ

I'll start by saying I have always liked the Chevrolet Tahoes since their rebadging from the Blazer back in 1994. In 1994 I was a senior in high school and would've literally given one of my arms to have the big bulky, yet gorgeous Tahoe to cruise my buddys and myself all over the country. Since then things have changed not only in my life, but obviously with the whole auto industry, and the World as well. In the time since then, I feel like I've gotten a little better, but I've not evolved near what the Tahoe has in that same time span. Not only are the Tahoes as technologically advanced as almost every suv on the road, but they've grown into their body and their style to become one of the most popular suv's in America. The 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe I had the chance to drive was the LTZ version which is pretty much as loaded as they come, with all the bells and whistles a man could ever want. This particular Tahoe is dressed in a black metallic exterior paint job and it's accented perfectly inside with supple black leather seating surfaces and gorgeous dark wood trim. The truck was equipped with Navigation, Heated Seats, Air Cooled Seats, Rear View Camera, Third Row Seating, TV/DVD, and to much more to even attempt to list. Our Tahoe has the 5.3L Vortec engine and I cranked it up with the remote start on the keyless entry key fob as I slowly near the vehicle. These trucks are as sharp as any Suv on the road if you ask me. They have a nice masculinity in the lines and I believe black is the only color the Tahoe should even be available in, because it looks perfect in the black with chrome accents. Several chrome accents and huge chrome rims greet you way before you even get close to the truck. I place my foot on the solid running board and hopped up and in the Tahoe and adjusted my Power Seat, radio channels, heat and heated seats. I was perfectly content. I had great visibilty in all directions and I felt very safe in this truck. I slowly drove out on to the main thoroughfare and the power seemed to be just right and the transmission shifted almost effortlessly. The sound system was done by Bose, so I went ahead and tuned it to something I could enjoy and started my little cruise. The truck is by no means light on it's feet or all that great on corners, but I could sacrifice a few things due to the interior appointments as well as the styling. I went ahead and jumped on 65 South and quickly merged into traffic. Anybody who has been to Clarksville, IN or Louisville, KY would know that we have one of our two bridges out of commission, so crossing back to Kentucky normally takes about 45 mins. I quickly found my spot in traffic and got comfortable. And I do mean comfortable. These things are like living rooms on wheels . The seats are awesome, the leather is supple yet stiff, and the Bose sound system is as good as anything on a production vehicle that I've ever heard. I won't bore you to much with the details of my 45  mins in traffic, but I will say this, these are awesome suv's and anyone would be content and commfortable driving one on a daily basis. My only complaint about the 2010 Tahoe is the third row, which would not be nice for an adult, but kids might be ok as long as they never age or grow taller. Other than that, this is almost a perfect suv in my eyes. Geat looks, Great power and towing, beautiful interior, and tons of ammenities. If you can afford a Tahoe and you have more than one or two kids, this would be a great truck to own. All 3 owners of our dealerships drive Tahoes the majority of the time and these guys have their pick of over 700 cars. To me that's saying alot. In the end these are great trucks and if you can afford the price tag you should defintley give the Tahoe a test drive.

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ Specs:

Engine & Performance
  • Base engine size: 5.3 L
  • Cam type: Overhead valves (OHV)
  • Cylinders: V8
  • Valves: 16
  • Valve timing: Variable
  • Torque: 335 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
  • Horsepower: 320 hp @ 5400 rpm
  • Turning circle: 39.0 ft.
  • Base engine type: flex-fuel (FFV)
DriveTrain
  • Drive type: rear wheel drive
  • Transmission: 6-speed shiftable automatic
  • Rear locking differential
Suspension
  • Short and long arm front suspension
  • Multi-link rear suspension
  • Front independent suspension
  • Front and rear stabilizer bar
Fuel
  • Fuel type: flex-fuel (FFV)
  • Fuel type: flex-fuel (unleaded/E85)
  • Fuel tank capacity: 26.0 gal.
  • Range in miles (cty/hwy): 390.0/546.0 mi.
  • EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 15/21 mpg
2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ Warranty:

Warranty

  • Basic: 3 yr./ 36000 mi.
  • Drivetrain: 5 yr./ 100000 mi.
  • Roadside: 5 yr./ 100000 mi.
  • Rust: 6 yr./ 100000 mi.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/tahoe/2010/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Tahoe
http://www.motortrend.com/new_cars/04/chevrolet/tahoe/

No comments:

Post a Comment