Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL AWD Redesigned and refined

My curiosity peaked when I saw we had just traded for a 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL AWD on my stock sheet. I had read several reviews and stories in regards to the "New" Buick brand. An almost relaunch of older name badges coupled with today's technologies. I myself have never been excited or intrigued by Buicks, but I am defintley curious to see where this brand is headed in the future. When I approached the vehicle what I saw was a thing of beauty, a very well sculpted vehicle in a gorgeous metallic pewter exterior. Shiny chrome wheels and chrome accents really jump off the car due to the lines and dark exterior paint job. This is not what I expected from Buick. When I think Buick I think big, bulky, and unattractice vehicles made for old people who don't want to spend the extra dough for a Cadillac. What I saw was quite the opposite. The Lacrosse is still big, and slightly bulky, but very classy in her shape and with tons of eye appeal. With the keyless remote in hand I pushed the remote starter button and the car started right up. I easily slid into the cabin area which was very well appointed and very sophisticated in terms of textures, colors, and ergonomics. The seat was very comfortable and once I made my adjustments I felt ready for a long drive. The dash was illuminated by a beautiful blue lighting and the gauges were very polished and good looking as well. There was no shortage of buttons in the CXL, in fact this one is as loaded as they come, having a touch screen Navigation, Rear View Camera, Premium Hardon Kardon sound system, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated and Air Conditioned Seats,  and so much more. As always I program my favorite local channels and head off towards the expressway. The first thing I noticed was how quiet the cabin was, there was little to no road or engine noise at all inside the cabin. The vehicle felt firm, slightly heavy, and very safe inside. The accelration was nice, but not extremley impressive. The ride however, was super quiet, near silence and the car was very well behaved and well mannered and literally drove as a straight as a laser beam down the roadway. I finally near the on ramp and allow a little space between myself and the car in front of me, so I could see how well the car accelerates. As soon as there was enough space, I slightly nudge my right foot into the accelerator and the car delivered quite a bit of pick up, but not before a little lag to catch up to my foot. Once again the car took off straight as an arrow and was extrmeley comfortable from every position, except for one. Visibilty! Visbility is fair, but not excellent. The A-Pillars seemed to be at least 5 inches wide and left quite a bit to be seen when cornering or turning. The C-Pillars were monsterous and left alot of unseen road on the sides and behind the driver. All of that being said I think the all new redesign of the Lacrosse is awesome. The car looks phenomenal, behaves wonderfully, and was as quiet as anything I've driven in a while. Buick nailed the ergonomics inside the cabin, the styling was classy and bold, and the textures were not something you would expect to see in an American car. For a bachelor, the size and style of this vehicle would not be perfect for my lifestyle, but as I approach 40, I could see myslef driving something like this Lacrosse and being very happy with my purchase. All in all the redesign was very needed and welcomed. It's very apparent that Buick wants to compete with the big dogs, and they are right on track to build a competitive automobile.

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL AWD Specs:

Engine & Performance
  • Base engine size: 3.0 L
  • Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
  • Cylinders: V6
  • Valves: 24
  • Valve timing: Variable
  • Direct injection
  • Torque: 217 ft-lbs. @ 5100 rpm
  • Horsepower: 255 hp @ 6900 rpm
  • Turning circle: 38.8 ft.
  • Base engine type: gas
DriveTrain
  • Drive type: front wheel drive
  • Transmission: 6-speed shiftable automatic
Suspension
  • Modified MacPherson strut front suspension
  • Multi-link rear suspension
  • Four-wheel independent suspension
  • Front and rear stabilizer bar
Fuel
  • Fuel type: gas
  • Fuel type: regular unleaded
  • Fuel tank capacity: 18.4 gal.
  • Range in miles (cty/hwy): 312.8/478.4 mi.
  • EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 17/26 mpg
2010 Buick Lacrosse CX-L Warranty:

Warranty

  • Basic: 4 yr./ 50000 mi.
  • Drivetrain: 5 yr./ 100000 mi.
  • Roadside: 5 yr./ 100000 mi.

http://www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2010/
http://www.buick.com/assets/en/pdf/brochures/2010/2010LaCrosse_Brochure.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_LaCrosse

No comments:

Post a Comment